Knowing the existence of this provision by law and understanding it’s meaning from a third person perspective is very different from experiencing it first hand. I have no intentions of going into the legal or social aspect of this sensitive topic. I am just trying to list my points of view in writing for future reference.
To me, a divorce means:
- Peace of mind.
- I am trying to live upto my own principle, that admitting a mistake is the way of life.
- I am determined to move out of a wrong decision and have another chance of a content life.
- Life gets easier if we work on being the change rather than hoping for a change to happen miraculously.
- I am learning a lot of life lessons through this
bittertough phase, which I guess, a slow learner like me would never have learnt.
- Life’s going to be
toughdifferent being a single parent in a society like ours. It can’t be impossible to live peacefully for so many people I personally know have faced such trying times bravely and have turned those hard times as their moments of strength.
- Legal independence.
- I want to show my daughter that I have the will power to take control of my life. I can and have decided to protect my self-respect by not continuing a sham of a relationship.
- I am hopeful that though life feels in a total chaos at the moment but things will get better sooner or a day later. I am optimistic about it.
This list is open for editing and additions. I’ll make the necessary changes as time passes and life shows me the outcomes of my decision.
The song on my mind: Itni shakti hume dena data ~ Ankush