Without much thought I am now going to empty my mind in this post. So get ready to read a mixed bag of surprises, fun and mad thoughts.
- Pari is getting naughty, smarter and stubborn by the minute. From throwing tantrums at the blink of an eye to crying with big fat tears rolling down her cheeks and going red in the next couple of seconds, she seems to have mastered a lot of tricks to seek attention. All this at an age of eleven months.
- Pari loves to share all she eats. When I feed her after every few bites she tries to feed me the very same way as I feed her and if I do not co-operate, she makes sure the bite she offered is pushed into my mouth. The same rule applies to her teethers. Ah! you can see a grown up with 32 adult teeth sucking on the bunch of teether keys for the fear of her daughter throwing a tantrum.
- Driving in India after many years of driving in the systematic traffic abroad has been quite a challenge. Though I seem to have slowly picked up, and these days I don’t sweat as much I used to in the start when people would overtake from wrong sides and would suddenly turn without indication.
- I am on my toes almost all the time. During the hours Pari is awake I am busy watching what all she is trying to eat, what she is upto, whether she is playing with any electricity points, etc. When she is asleep am racing to finish all the chores I can’t do while she is awake for she follows me everywhere like a shadow.
- Pari’s favorite toy these days is the plastic bat (Cricket bat) that she uses to punish me (by hitting me), to get things far from her reach, to hit the laptop keys if I dare use the laptop while she is awake and the least for the actual purpose it’s meant for, playing with a ball.
- I am very scared of lizards, even those tiny baby lizards that are hardly a few hours old. Last Sunday, a baby lizard around a couple of inches long managed to sneak in our room. On spotting it on the floor I screamed and was jumping here and there, when Pari decided to scare the tiny beast. She actually crawled full speed chasing the baby lizard out of the room while I was screaming and calling for help. It’s rightly said, age is just a number!
- With Pari’s first birthday not too far, I am busy looking for birthday cake recipes and suggestions. I am not looking for anything too fancy seeing to my limited baking skills, but yes, I do want to make something special. Got any great ideas? Any of your all time favorite cake recipes or any special cake you baked recently, please do let me know.
The song on my mind: Jiya Jale ~ Dil Se