A lot has been going on in my life and mind. Thoughts that fail to take form of comprehensible posts hence never get posted. So I decided to compile all the thoughts and questions that are bouncing in my mind at this very moment in a live from my mind post.
1. Among the many words in Pari’s expanding vocabulary her favorite is, ‘give it to me’ which she very cutely utters as, “De do” pointing her finger in the direction of the object she fancies.
That is the first step. After repeating ‘De do’ twice if she has yet not got the desired object, the request changes form to, ‘De do na’ with a very cute smile and eyes shining 100 watts brighter. She then counts to three in her mind (because I make her do most things on a count of three) and then the request changes to an order. Loud, urgent and very clear, “De” (give). I like her assertiveness, though not always.
2. I have forever been confused about which is my favorite color. Before you knit your brows and think is this woman insane, let me tell you what I really mean. I love all colors with due exception of the dull shades. In fact black which is loved by a lot of people too ranked in my ‘oh so lifeless’ colors list till I went abroad.
Though the never-ending blacks, browns and grays abroad didn’t make me love them, but my tolerance towards them changed for I too had them in plenty in my wardrobe. Still bright colors (not the neon ones) still rule my mind and I feel it is unfair of me to like one of them and not all.
My current favorite is yellow, maybe because I love sunshine and the warmth yellow fills my heart with. I just sneaked in my wardrobe to check which color is dominant these days and it turns out to be sky blue.
How about you? What’s the dominant color of your wardrobe? Is it the same as your favorite color?
3. The three, dimensional constants of physics MLT (Mass, Length,Time) seem to be responsible for my slowly returning sanity and peace of mind. As time is passing and my distance from my ex has slowly been growing (physically, geographically and otherwise) and am getting lighter (in weight) I can feel myself slowly bouncing back to the real self I always was.
4. Procrastination is something I find
tough impossible to conquer. Almost or even more difficult than fighting weight woes. But still I am trying.
5. After almost a month of torture with Pari insisting on watching Halkat Jawani in a loop on YouTube, finally she has found another song that she enjoys with the same intensity. Bunny Party (I am adding its video at the end of this post). I like it for countless reasons but primarily because it isn’t annoying like Halkat Jawani and secondly I love watching Pari dance to its tunes.
6. Since you are reading this post, I am confident you will surely be able to answer this question of mine. It is about anti-virus protection for my laptop. Over the years I have tried all sorts of free anti-virus software only to end up regretting not using a more efficient paid version.
This changed a few years back. I have used Norton, Kaspersky and McAfee among the paid versions and I currently have McAfee Internet security (that includes anti-virus with firewall and other features) installed on my computer. The issue here is that one fine day my anti-virus stopped working on its own.
I had not installed any new program and no other changes were made to my laptop. Besides, I am the sole user of my computer so I can confidently say that no harmful websites were opened either. The anti-virus wouldn’t work, I lodged a complain with the customer care and followed the protocol but nothing happened.
I use my computer for online shopping, banking, etc hence having Internet security is my prime concern and with no functional anti-virus I wasn’t at peace. So temporarily I installed a free version of anti-virus but within few days my laptop got too slow and I had to have it formatted.
No virus was detected and the laptop was only restored to factory settings and not formatted was what the Service Centre guy told me. I still had around six months left to the expiry of my paid McAfee subscription so I re-installed it.
That was my experience with McAfee but since my subscription for Internet security is due for a renewal shortly, I want to know;
- Which anti-virus do you use? Free or paid?
- Do you recommend it?
- Any technical advise you wish to share.
7. As much as I love baking and experimenting in the kitchen, there are some issues I have been unable to find solution to despite my countless efforts. The first and the biggest was the yeast again and again dying on me. I mean, the active yeast packets I have been buying refuse to proof/froth/rise and hence I haven’t been able to make any form of breads and pizzas at home. Though I have been using the bakery bought pizza bases, but still I want my own stock of yeast to experiment often.
The latest update is, just yesterday I have brought a big chunk of wet baker’s yeast. Keeping fingers crossed in hope that it finally resolves all my baking woes. The yeast has been kept for proofing as I am typing this post.
Secondly, I am on a lookout for a pie dish (metal one) to be able to make traditional pies. I have tried looking for it on all websites I am aware of but to no success. If you know a bake-ware website that sells pie-dishes please share the link in the comment section. Please do not suggest Amazon or Ebay for this.
While you try to answer my queries, I’ll quickly rush to the kitchen to check how my new yeast is faring.
The song on Pari’s mind : The Bunny Party (Jamster bunny song)