A gorgeous, very tasty yet simple recipe that is sure to bring a smile on any cake lover’s lips. The best part is this cake looks elegant without an icing.
Chocolate Marble Cake:
Servings : 12 to 16
Difficulty Level: Easy
- Butter – 225 grams (softened to room temperature)
- Sugar – 225 grams
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 225 grams
- Eggs – 4
- Milk – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (about 355 degrees F).
- Grease and line the bottom and sides of an 8″ round or square tin.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Keep this mixture aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in eggs one by one, beating for about 1 minute after each addition followed by vanilla essence.
- Add the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat well till you get a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter between two bowls. Stir the cocoa powder in one of the bowls.
- Take 2 spoons and use them to dollop the chocolate and vanilla cake mixes into the tin alternately. When all the mixture has been used up , tap the bottom on your work surface to ensure that there aren’t any air bubbles.
- Take a skewer and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the cake for 45-55 mins until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Tip: Keep the batter smooth yet not runny else the two flavors will blend together and there won’t be color contrasts.
For more recipes from my kitchen, visit my food corner.