- I have been wanting to resume regular blogging, but in the past few days I have been craving to change scene to get my mind off the worries that have been hovering on my mind night and day. No, travel is not on the cards for a while.
- I love blogging; that’s certain. Though these days I spend most of my Internet time indulging in micro-blogging. Twitter.
- The thing I like most about Twitter is it keeps me too hooked to think about the issues in my life. The fun part of the contests I participate in, gives me the needed push to stay positive and face life head on. I used to initially think expressing myself in 140 characters is tough. Trust me when I say it is sometimes therapeutic and even good for a change.
- Having won a few goodies on Twitter gives me the happy feeling like kids get when they receive pocket-money from their parents.
- In the past few months it has happened to me twice. More correctly, it has happened just twice in my entire life that I felt a compelling desire to drink alcohol or smoke or consume anything intoxicating for that matter to be drugged to the extent that I can actually forget all the issues in my life atleast for a while. I could see the reason why people indulge in such activities when depression hits them. Though I have been lucky that those moments of strong desire didn’t last longer than ten minutes on each case and I didn’t succumb to the urge.
- I have been working very hard to keep myself away from any and everything that can remind me of my past life. I feel pride in sharing that I have actually been healing beautifully in due course. My hair are back to their normal black, lustrous state with only two strands of white hair (that I can actually see myself) as against many locks of white hair I had developed few months back. I sleep better and don’t look like a zombie anymore.
- I have lately been seriously considering ways to help manage my anger better. There were occasions when I could actually feel myself get very angry and literally struggling to control an angry outburst. It is so unlike me, who often cools down then and there by shedding a tear or two. I then decided to do something I always believe helps. I re-channelized the heat, the energy that was threatening to explode my mind. I have been using it to crack contests on Twitter.”Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.” – Thomas Carlyle
- I have always loved spontaneous, smart catch lines. When Twitter made me explore a world made up of just those, I was hooked and am still smitten by its charms.
- I know Twitter has occupied a lot of space in this post, but I really can’t help it for I actually tweet a lot these days. I’d be lying if I say I don’t enjoy it. But, it is more of a stress-buster than bag-the-prizes race that keeps me hooked to tweeting. I know it for sure cause by now I have some cool prizes in my kitty but that hasn’t made feel proud or any better than I otherwise do. Though I do not wish to say that I don’t love to win, I sure do.
- Today marked the start of something very big in our lives. Something that’ll have a life-changing impact on our lives in the days and years to come. I sincerely wish for God’s blessings, guidance and help at every step of this venture. Thank you God for finally bringing this day in our lives, for it has taken a lot of pain and suffering to get to this start point and I have full understanding that the road ahead is not at all smooth. Hope lives, to keep us alive and we are doing just that.
- Diet control is one of those gray areas of my life that I know I can never conquer. Besides, with winters set full on and the festive season just gone by, my weight loss has gone for a toss. Though I have been trying to exercise as regularly as I can, but eating home cooked Sarson ka saag with butter and Moong Dal Halwa (yeah, I ate these today) are doing no good to help me lose weight.
- I know I haven’t posted a recipe in a very long time. The credit for it goes to my utter laziness in taking pictures. I keep delaying it on pretext of finishing one chore after another to end up with the prepared food finished before remembering to take any pictures.
- I need to make a stop here before this post becomes a zoo out of the hat. I’m trying to get to write more frequently like before and leave comments on the many blogs I read but feel too occupied to scribble anything meaningful. Please bear with many mish-mash update posts that are surely going to follow this one for there is a lot that I want to record and share on this blog.
The song on my mind: Main Jahan bhi rahoon ~Namaste London
45 thoughts on “The rabbit is out of the hat!”
Hugs Sweetheart!! I created an account on Twitter, but somehow, I can’t get myself to enjoy it! 😐
Also, what did you do to your hair? With all the medication I was on and the anasthesia side-effects, I have more white, less healthy hair! 😦
No secret hair treatments dear, it’s just the result of the stress levels slowly fading to lesser levels than before 🙂
Hope your hair and health too returns to it’s healthy self soon 🙂
Yeah,140 characters is too less…Twitter is the place from where I have learnt to respect every single ‘character’ 😀
So true, same here 🙂
Welcome to my blog pflead73
Glad to hear today was a day which marked the beginning of something good – wishing you all the happiness and love ME…May the Almighty shower His choicest blessings on you and Pari..take care!
Thank you very much PT.
Hugs dear 🙂
Try hammering nails into walls when you are angry . Then later, when you’ve calmed down, you can frame happy pictures of yourself and Pari and hang them on the nails 🙂
That’s a beautiful idea, though I am trying to channelize my anger and the energy to more creative outlets 🙂
Good to know you feel very positive and happy. May the days ahead be even better for you.
Ok, so addicted to twitter these days eh?…
Diet control…never works for me. What works for me is brisk walking. I eat cakes, pizzas etc but then I make sure I walk for 20-30 mins to burn the calories..Also, the walks are quite refreshing for mind.
and ME, I like the previous look of your blog better…sorry…..(will still visit your page…the new look isnt bad at all but I like the previous theme better)
Take care, Stay happy
I agree brisk walks are great ways to feel lighter and fresher anytime of the day 🙂
Thank you for the honest opinion about my blog’s theme, changed it right away though am replying to your comment after what feels like a month.
Thank you for the warm wishes 🙂
I have seen you hooked around Twitter… 🙂 But that’s fine…totally get the difficulty blogging sometimes. I have been enjoying blogging as part of NaBloPoMo but as a result have been unable to read others’ blogs and comment as well as reply to comments on mine. Hope to do that soon…
Until then, happy tweeting! And hope you win some more…
I am glad atleast someone has spotted me tweeting 😉
I so want to jump on the NaBloPoMo bandwagon but I guess I need to take up regular posting before taking up so exhaustive 🙂
Thanks a ton dear PB 🙂
very sensitive post My Era- hopefully whatever’s bothered you has been booted out and what is being welcomed manages to shine all the love,positivity and hope on you 🙂 cheers. !
I am working on all the issues Priya, though am much better now.
Thank you dear for being there and for all the much needed warm wishes 🙂
I loved the positivity seen in this post.. Whatever has brought u this change, let it stay put with u forever dear.. And coming to anger management I need to work on mine too!!
Thank you dear 🙂
Let’s work on anger management together 😉
I luv sarson ka saag and u are making me crave for some now 😛
Do share some of ur catchlines with us too; I luv them too!:D
Hugs ME and wishing u the very best!
The catch-lines are brand specific on most occasions Swaram. But yes, they are sure fun creating them 🙂
Hugs dear…hope your leg is much better now 🙂
Wow…you ate moong dal halwa…I love that one 🙂
I havent gotten into Twitter now..but RD tells me its pretty addictive 🙂
Go on with the tweeting..but please dont forget us bloggers okie?
Glad you hear about so many positives..only two grey hair..gah! I have dozens now 🙂
Same pinch on loving the halwa. I can never give up blogging and neither can I forget my bog-buddies, EVER 🙂
Hope your grey hair turn black soon 🙂
I loved this post for it’s randomness and Twitter-ness. 🙂
I wish I could be more on Twitter. Some of the one liners are amazing works.
And best of luck for the new phase. 🙂
Thank you Amit 🙂
hmmm.. u need to take pic and post recipes .. we are here to try it out.. :).. God bless both of u..
Am going to work on that soon…thank you AM 🙂
Ok, I will be frank. From this zoo, I will pull out only two cute stuff 😛
First : Lustrous black hair. How ME, how? What should be done to get that? Mine is on the verge of loosing all the blackness 😥
Second : Wish you all the good luck in your new endeavour 🙂
Do a post on the Twitter goodies you got! Chalo, inspire karo 😉
#1: Lesser stress and getting around 6 hours of sleep per day are helping me heal. The past two years have been crazy, stressful and sickening 😦
#2: Thank you very much sweetie 🙂
Ah! just a few cosmetics, story books, soft toys and the like. Nothing too fancy 🙂
Ok, looking forward to the next recipe 🙂
Diet control he he he Well I cant say anything , god knows how many times I have tried it so many times and ME and DIETING dont go togetherrr at any time ..
Just today I was planning to post a Sarson ka saag recipe but Pari didn’t let me click pictures 😦
Same pinch on the food love 🙂
Yeah miss your regular posts here, but glad that twitter is keeping you busy. Feels good to hear overall you are doing great..Keep the spirit going. Life is beautiful. Just keep moving.
Thank you LF 🙂
Life sure is beautiful, just trying hard to get back to loving it the way I used to 🙂
I am sure that you will overcome all your worries & tensions, you are strong 🙂
U r becoming Twitter Mascot 😀
Thank you Smita for having faith in me and reminding me of the same 🙂
😆 😆 I l♥ved that statement Smita….you rock girl!!
pls.. wnt more recipes… and do click some pics.. SOOOON 🙂
And yes.. me too wants some sarson ka saag.. wid loads of unsalted butter..and roti.. 🙂
Hugs..and stay safe!!
Much Love!! 🙂
I surely will do that Dew 🙂
yummmmmmmmy it is 😀
Love & hugs buddy 🙂
Don’t even think of apologizing for the mish mash updates They’re so much fun to read..
Thank you Pepper 🙂
Mish mash or not, you’ve certainly made me rethink Twitter. Been holding up for a while now – guess I shld simply give in and join?!
Go for it MomWithaDot, it is total fun and doesn’t require lot of time 🙂
haha the song at the end…bollywood-ers! i used to be one of those haha. btw nice to meet you. and how do you win stuff on twitter!?
Welcome to my space eva26 🙂
There are a lot of contests happening on Twitter all the time. Just tweet and if your one-liners are catchy you win cool goodies 🙂
Good to know you are having in the twitter world. We do miss you here, so get busy here too. 🙂
Love you Dil…am back to blogging and will surely be posting lot more from now on 😀
I have seen you active on Twitter – you are quite the expert. 🙂 Keep up the good job and keep blogging! 🙂
Yes, I have been pretty active on Twitter lately. It’s plain fun tweeting, am far from being an expert though 🙂
Thank you Debo for the warm wishes 😀
Comments are closed.