I am a big Banana fan and so is Pari. I love including the fruits of the season in my cooking and baking adventures. Rainy season with bananas galore calls for a moist, delightful banana bread. The following recipe has won many hearts and I declare it to be the moistest and the lightest banana bread I’ve ever eaten.
Difficulty Level: Easy
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 175 gm
- Bananas (mashed) – 4
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Caster Sugar – 150 gm
- Butter – 125 gm
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Walnuts (chopped) – 50 gm
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees centigrade.
- Grease and dust flour in a loaf tin (you can even use a square cake tin, like me) and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl put castor sugar and butter. Whisk until light and fluffy. It takes around 3-4 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk well.
- Add half the flour, mashed bananas and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour, chopped walnuts and beat till a batter of uniform consistency is formed.
- Pour the mixture in the loaf tin and gently tap the tin on the working bench to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or till tester comes out clean.
Serving Suggestion: Dust the bread with icing sugar just before serving.
Tip: Make use of the over-ripe bananas at home, it makes the bread moister and sweeter.
For more recipes from my kitchen, visit my food corner.